Email: PriestAndrey@Gmail.com, Cell: 862-571-7770.

View Blog in Russian / Русская Версия:

Священник Андрей Ковалёв


The Airborne!

'John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire' (Luke 3:16)

'I am come to send fire on the earth' (Luke 12:49).

And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire...' (Acts 2:1-3).

People ask me sometimes, ‘why do you like to go on pilgrimages to different monasteries?’

And last week on the way to st. Herman of Alaska monastery in Platina, CA I thought/felt... The Airborne!

Noise of thunders,
Voice that hungers
For the song
That carries on.

Fits of desire
For the Fire –
Life and death
In themselves have.

Sense of longing
And belonging
To the storm
Of finest form.

Infinite rise
Inviting, wise
Nothing to mourn –
The airborne!

[14] And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
[15] I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. [16] So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. (Rev. 3:14-16).

On the way to Platina...