Email: PriestAndrey@Gmail.com, Cell: 862-571-7770.

View Blog in Russian / Русская Версия:

Священник Андрей Ковалёв


Forgotten Melody of War.

‘As for man, his days are as grass:
as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.
For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone;
and the place thereof shall know it no more.’
(Pss. 103:15-16).


It was before the end of time
Events were measured by the line.
I still remember some of that
My sight’s been blessed with what I got.

I lived like every human being,
Under the sky in God believing.
Under the sun I walked the Earth,
In mortal body from my birth.

Young fellow of sweet seventeen
I fought in battles for my king.
Fathered two daughters and one son…
Until the time when I was gone.

Until the day when I met her
On battle field amongst the roar.
She walked through weapons with no fear,
Beautiful lady was so dear.

The swords were pushing for my chest,
I knew them well, they were the best.
The best dream-weapons of the West.
I fought all day… I couldn’t rest.

With clouds red up high above
I felt her hands of soothing love.
Her gentle kiss took my last breath –
Beautiful lady was my Death.

We sat beside my broken body,
The war around raging, bloody.
With arms around my strong shoulders
She hummed the song for two of us.

The melody, the music of the long ago,
Sung in the way they did before.
Sung by the people that are nevermore,
Forgotten melody of war.


It was before the end of time
Events were measured by the line.
I still remember some of that
My sight’s been blessed with what I got.


‘But the mercy of the LORD
is from everlasting to everlasting
upon them that fear him,
and his righteousness
unto children's children’
(Pss. 103:17).