Email: PriestAndrey@Gmail.com, Cell: 862-571-7770.

View Blog in Russian / Русская Версия:

Священник Андрей Ковалёв


A Poet.

'So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him.' (Genesis 1:27.)

Thus -

Day by day,
Night by night –
I am a simple person,
Nothing unusual in sight.

But, once I take my pen,
I turn into a different man.
The man I hardly know now,
The man I didn’t know then.

I walk through castles, walk through shrines,
All that I see – I put in lines.
I fly through time and different places,
See many lives, great many faces.

All good intentions, cruel plots,
Forgotten feelings, and lost hearts.
The underground world of dark,
The gates of hell with open lock.

Souls of slayed
Women and men –
Crying to God
‘To avenge… them.’

Angels of Heaven
Ready to fight,
Waiting for sing
From Omnipotent Light.

An army of demons
Bending verses
Into a form of
Fine new curses…

…poets of God
Them opposing –
With Holy Fire
Composing.

All this I see,
All this I feel,
And writing down –
To reveal.

Thus, day by day,
Thus, night by night…

As '...in the image of God created He him.' (Genesis 1:27.)



08/10/00